You will need four 10cm (3cm deep) tart pans with removeable bases for this recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 180g unsalted butter, chilled
- 1/4 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 tbs good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g white chocolate, melted
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 250g mascarpone
- 100ml thick cream
- 300g mixed berries
- 2tbs rosepetal jam or redcurrant jelly, melted
- Good-quality chocolate sauce, to serve (optional)
- Lightly grease the tart pans.
- Place the flour, butter, sugar and cocoa in a food processor with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of chilled water and process until mixture forms a smooth ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line tart pans. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line tarts with non-stick baking paper and fill with rice or pastry weights. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove paper and weights and return to oven for 5 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Place chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt without stirring. Remove from heat and scrape in the vanilla bean seeds (do not stir). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk mascarpone and cream until thick. Add chocolate and stir to combine. Fill tarts with chocolate cream, pile berries on top and brush with jam. Drizzle with chocolate sauce, if desired.LET THA GOOD TASTE!