- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 25 buttery round crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (225 degrees C).
- Roll out pastry and set aside. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cream of tartar. Add mixture to boiling water. Stir, then add crackers, one at a time. Boil for 3 minutes, but do not stir.
- Pour cracker mixture into pastry-lined pie pan. Sprinkle crackers with cinnamon and dot with butter or margarine. Cover with top pastry. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown. May need to cover top pastry partway through baking to prevent overbrowning.